A Touch of Spritz
Winley Canillo, Bar Manager at Grand Jersey Hotel & Spa, knows more than a thing or two about whisky.
An award-winning mixologist, Winley spent over a decade perfecting the art of blending the finest whisky cocktails in his native Asia. Here, he shares one of his favourites.
Smoky Whisky Sour with a Spritz
- 60 ml Single malt whisky
- 40ml Egg white*
- 30ml Freshly-squeezed lemon juice
- 25ml Sugar syrup
You can substitute egg whites for non-allergen vegan syrup
- Fill a shaker with ice
- Pour the egg white or syrup into the shaker along with the lemon juice
- Add the whisky
- Shake (with a smile!) for 15 seconds
- Single strain
- Dry shake (without ice) for another 10 seconds to create froth
- Pour over ice into an old fashioned glass.
- Garnish with 2 pcs dehydrated lemon slice and a maraschino cherry.